Based on 2 critics – Overal Score: 88 / 100
GameInfo: Sonic Generations is a 2011 platform video game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. As Sonic celebrates his birthday with his friends, a mysterious new enemy called the Time Eater appears, sucking everyone through various ‘time holes’ and scattering them across different places in Sonic’s history. Sonic finds himself in strange dimension known as White Space, where everything has been drained of color. As Sonic searches for his friends, he encounters his younger self, Classic Sonic, along with a younger Classic Tails. As the two Tails determine that Time Eater’s actions are damaging time itself, both Modern and Classic race through their history, restoring time to normal and rescuing their friends.
They soon discover that the mastermind behind Time Eater is none other than Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik who has joined forces with his past self, to erase Sonic’s victories from history. Although the Time Eater manages to overwhelm the two Sonics, the support of their friends and the power of the Chaos Emeralds allow them to become Super Sonics and defeat the two Eggmen. As Sonic finally celebrates his birthday and teaches Classic Sonic some new tricks before he and Classic Tails travel back to their time, the two Eggmen find themselves stuck in White Space, with seemingly no way out.
|Gaming Irresponsibly: Sonic Generations is the ultimate Sonic fan’s game. If you’ve never played a Sonic game before, you could still have fun with Generations, but really, this game is for the fans. It’s a love letter to 20 years of Sonic history, and is hopefully setting up the series for a bright future after such a long run of disappointment. Read Full Review||92/100|
|GAMINGtruth: Yet it isn’t made for everyone and it certainly isn’t a perfect game. That in mind, I still can’t deny that Sonic Generations is easily the funnest Sonic game in the past 15 years. It takes everything that was great about the gameplay in Sonic Colors and perfects it. Sonic Generations won’t please everyone, but for those who love a high-speed rush with (mostly) solid platforming, look no further than this. Read Full Review||85/100|
– Twice the Fun – Play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic in the ultimate Sonic experience. Master the moves of each character as they race through each environment on their own designed built track.
– The Best Bits Just Got Better – Iconic environments from gaming history come to life in beautiful HD for the ultimate Sonic adventure, each revisited, recreated and re-imagined with stunning results.
– All New Experience – Play some of your gaming’s most iconic environments in a whole new way with famous Sonic stages presented in stunning new stereoscopic 3D.
– Unlock New Adventures – Once you complete each level and ‘free’ Sonic’s captured friends, you’ll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side.
– Infamous Bosses and Rivals – Take on some of the most notorious characters from Sonic’s past as you fight for ultimate supremacy.
– Master Your Moves – Master Classic Sonics famous spin-dash attack and utilise Modern Sonic’s ‘Boost’ as you complete all new tracks.
Windows 7/Vista/XP Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2×2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent
2GB RAM (7/XP)/3GB RAM (Vista)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 2900
11 GB free hard drive space
Windows 7 Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
11 GB free hard drive space