Pros: Your attacks feel very powerful with both characters ++Shang can block with floating swords and use them to extend combos as well. you can esentially find ways to hit everyone one screen easily or air combo with many hits. ++Soul has very fast or very powerful attacks covering great distances. He can't block but can do short teleports which can later be seemlessly intertwined with his other attacks.
+ The leveling in the game has a rich crafting/level/skill tree 3 currencies exp (each character has their own), silver, gold. By doing very flash combos with counters, KF moves, and supers you can get an S ranking and as long as you keep it you get gold which can buy every other currency which adds flexibility.
+The art is very beautiful most of the time
+lots of interesting and flashy characters
+the boss fights are insane.
-There is alot of cut scenes with narration but it feels like there is no story. Or at least the story is hard to follow something about a martial world and warring factions the 'cabal', the org, and Mirage. Characters sort of come from no where and say cryptic things about conspircies. Maybe I should read more of the info at jade's eye but there is so much and the translations are not quite right.
- That being said in the last game the translations feel like they were done by google translate or someting. For Example the first mini boss talks and is titled "Sword Zealot" but when you fight him he is called "Sword Addict".
-Some of the animations don't have alot of frames but with how fast paced anime styled the game is that makes sense.
-The levels can last pretty long. This is still fun but I wish you could save and load at check points after minibosses or something it feels like your force to play the game in 35 minute increments.
Thats all I can really think of to describe this game. Hope you find this helpful.
- OS: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Pentium3, AMD Athlon Series
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1800, Nvidia GeForce 6800
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 3 GB available space