Mushihimesama (or “Bug Princess”) is a vertical shooting game set in a beautiful fantasy world. Huge insect-like creatures called Koju roam the desert landscape outside the village of Hoshifuri. When Reco’s people fall to a mysterious sickess, the young princess decides to leave the village and meet the God of the Koju, who may provide a cure. Riding her faithful Golden Beetle friend Kiniro, Reco must traverse the wilds, braving the hostile landscape and the aggressive Koju beasts on her journey to Shinju Forest.
- Explore a beautiful fantasy world rendered in stunning HD sprite graphics. 5 stages, including an arid desert, lush forests, and a serene underground cave.
- Many different game modes, including:
- Arcade Mode: A faithful port of the original arcade version. This is the first time that the original arcade version has been localized outside Japan – previous versions were region-locked.
- Arrange Mode: A remixed version of the game with different enemy positions and shot patterns for a completely new experience.
- Novice Mode: A version of the game tuned for newcomers and relaxed game play.
- Most of the game’s modes can be played in multiple difficulties, from the newbie friendly Original to the notoriously difficult Ultra, which has a reputation as one of the most challenging games of this type.
- Energetic soundtrack by famed composers Manabu Namiki and Masaharu Iwata.
- Online leaderboards and downloadable replays allow you to share your games or check out the top scores.
- Optional Content: Mushihimesama 1.5 will be available as optional content. This is another remixed version of the game that was previously available only to a select few players who had first-edition copies of the Xbox 360 version, but is now presented to the general Steam audience.