Based on 9 critics – Overal Score: 80 / 100
About the Game: Marty McFly and Doc Brown return in a completely new Back to the Future adventure.
Six months after the events of the third film, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley – driverless! Marty must go back in time and get aid from a resistant teenage Emmett Brown, or else the space time continuum will forever be unraveled!
Critic Review Scores
||10 out of 10
||A- out of A+
||9 out of 10
||4.5 out of 5
||8.5 out of 10
||90 out of 100
||80 out of 100
||70 out of 100
||7 out of 10
||7 out of 10
Genre: Adventure Style: Third-Person Adventure Release Date: December 23, 2010
PC Minimum System Requirements
– OS: XP Service Pack 3 / Vista / Windows 7
– Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
– Memory: 2 GB RAM
– Graphics: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
– DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
– Hard Drive: 2 GB Space Free
– Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device
LIST OF PROBLEMS
Game Breaking Bugs:
– It seems it’s possible that the elevator is never activated for the cellar at the soup kitchen, so when you need to do it later. Marty just goes, “This pipe leads to the basement” therefore halting the story and causing one to have to restart the chapter.
– Characters calling Marty the wrong name, e.g. Player chooses “Harry Callahan” as their name but characters call Marty “Michael”.
– When Kid Tannen chases you up onto the gazebo, there is a close up of his face and you can see his lips move like he is yelling but no sound. (there is no subtitles either, but he is obviously supposed to be yelling).
– If you get chased onto the gazebo twice after you get Einstein to attack just after Matches says “look its that crazy mutt again” there is another part where their lips move but there is no sound. (there is no subtitles either, but they are obviously supposed to be speaking).
– The first time Marty walks up to Kid and Matches before they chase him up onto the gazebo, their lips move but there is no audio.
– When talking to Edna about letting Marty do the deliveries, she does not have an audio reply, though her lips move.
– In young Docs lab when making the fuel, Docs father yells “EMMETT” (can tell because of the subtitles) there is no audio.
– When Emmett gives Marty the subpoena, Marty reads his grandfather’s name, his lips move, the subtitles show “Arthur McFly”, but there’s no sound, only “I got to subpoena my grandpa?” is heard.
– In the german version at the beginning when Doc is reading his notebook, Doc’s voice is done by the dubber of MARTY.
– Sound effects for background noise continue into next scene. e.g. After Marty first travels into the 30s he hides the time machine behind a sign, when the cutscene goes to Hill Valley in the daytime the night sound effects (insects and such) stay. This also occurred at the end of the game when the end credits rolled, there was still the night scene sound effects.
– In the German version almost every second sentence stops before the whole sentence is spoken. Without the subtitles the game is unplayable because you often just dont´t know what the characters are saying.
– Some people have had problems with no audio while Marty is drilling through the jail wall.
– There are some audio imbalances throughout the episode where one character’s voice is noticeably louder than another’s or where it’s louder than the previous things said by the character (pretty obvious in Doc’s Lab at the beginning).
– When in the DeLorean cicking on the “Time Circuit Display” and clicking on the “Time Circuit Keypad” give the same line of dialogue. (Possibly not a bug)
– Double wormhole emitter on the DeLorean when the steam gets the police car off the road in 1931.
– Often there is a kind of a square in form of thin black lines visible around Marty.
– When the DeLorean first arrives in 1986 and Marty is inside, if you click on the time circuits, after the line of dialogue, Marty will kind of “jump” back into his seat.
– When the Delorean first appears and the camera does a slow pan down the car, there is a sort-of halo around its edge that smoke effects don’t work in.
– During a cut scene, Emmett wasn’t walking but sort of hovering in his set path from the courthouse to the lawyers’ building.
– The back wall of Emmett’s lab disappears after finishing the experiment.
– After you finish the alcohol fuel puzzle, Emmett starts cranking the generator but, in a moment, the handle stays still while Emmett still moves (his hand goes through) and the handle continues moving when his hand reaches it again.
– After doing the making rocket fuel puzzle for a while the bellows stay pushed down.
– Someone had a problem with Young Doc completely disappearing for a brief moment during a conversation with him in the town centre.
– In the first sequence, after Marty says “out of a DeLorean?”, his head jumps to another position.
– Upon downloading the english version, German gamers still get German subtitles and text (if they don’t fiddle with their system language). There absolutely MUST be an option to change that in-game.
– Double download problem (download starting again after clicking play) I know there is a work around (run as administrator) but would like a proper fix.
– The launcher doesn’t seem to load (stays black) for some people with Windows 7.
– If the application is renamed on Mac, the launcher just quits when “Play” is clicked. If the original name, (BackToTheFuture101) is used, it works fine, but if changed to a prefered name eg “1 – It’s About Time…” it just quits when play is clicked.
Game Saves Folder
/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/BackToTheFuture101/